Roasted Beets Recipe

I love to eat healthy and it just so happens that I enjoy all sorts of healthy foods. My pallet craves vegetables, fruit and fresh vitamin packed dishes. Since I was a child my mom cooked very healthy and our breakfast, dinner and supper was always  prepared from scratch, fresh from fantastic whole food ingredients.
Creating beautiful meals is something that was a collaboration, we created meals together and my sister and I very often cooked ourselves at a very young age. Because of this, cooking comes very natural to me and  preparing meals is a true joy for me, it also allows me to create very healthy meals that are exactly what I desire and they perfectly nourish my body.

One of  my favorite and incredibly healthy vegetables are beets, I love them in so many different forms. I love them in soups, salads, cooked, roasted etc. The deep red color holds so many fantastic nutrients and I encourage you to include this super food in your diet. There are different types of beets out there and combining different colors together creates such beautiful effect.

I came across a recipe that I haven't tried yet and thought you might want to try it with me, it sounds very easy to prepare and super delicious. :)
I'd love to hear if you try it.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Roasted Beets
Serves 4Use a variety of beets for various colors and levels of sweetness. Reds have a stronger flavor than Chioggias, which are also known as candy stripes because they have rings of red and white when cut. Roasting beets brings out their natural sweetness. A drizzle of honey and balsamic vinegar with fresh mint marries all the flavors together.
Ingredients

12 to 16 assorted small beets, such as dark reds, Chioggia, and golden (about 2 pounds)
5 tablespoons olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh small mint leaves for garnish

Directions
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the beets in an ovenproof pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sprigs of thyme; toss to coat. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 25 minutes, or until a knife slides through the beets with ease.
2. When cool enough to handle, peel the beets and cut into medium-size wedges. Set aside in a medium serving bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the honey, vinegar, the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper; pour over the beets and toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Garnish with the mint.

Recipe by chef Bill Taibe, Le Farm, Westport, Connecticut
via House Beautiful